Welding intercooler piping

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:02:50 -0600

Hey guys,

I am fabbing some intercooler piping for a project I
am working on. I plan to simply tack the pieces
together and take the piping to a shop and have them
TIG welded.

I need to know if an arc welder (stick welder) will be
adequate for the job. The one I am looking at buying
is a Lincoln 115V, 70 amp unit (or was it 20 amp?).

The guy at the welding shop says that the arc welder
will burn through the piping and that I should use a
MIG instead. I will be using 14 or 16 gauge steel
tubing.

Can anyone confirm that the arc welder will not work
right?

Thanks a lot,

=====
Jay Whitely