Weapon R Intake Question

Jason Davis ahaz@tamu.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:05:51 -0600

After searching the archives on the Weapon R Intake, I found there wasn't too
much info, except that they aren't that great.  Well, I've had my Weapon R
Dragon for about seven months now, and I have a question for you guys.  After
the first 2-3 months, my previously blue filter turned a dirty red/brown
color.  (foam filter btw)  After taking it off, it didn't *seem* too be super
dirty, and after washing it the color stayed a red/brown dirt color.  Is this
bad for my car?  Is some kinda dye getting sucked up my intake? (okay,
probably studid question) Tips on cleaning a foam filter? Buy a replacement?
Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
1998 200sx SE-R