Shortening cure time for 3M urethane?

Alex Samardzich rwd_sr20det@importnut.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:46:41 -0600

To add my thoughts on the matter.

When I did the torque mounts on my civic, I let the mounts cure for a day
and reinstalled them.  The problem that I noticed, is that they were not
done curing.  Now they are solid as a rock.  Shortly after I did the mounts,
I did an extra mount for pictures.  Since I wasn't going to use the mount, I
just set it aside.  After about a week, I checked it out and it was solid.
When I did a pair of mounts for a friend, I let them cure for about 3 days
and they weren't quite ready.

I never really tried heat, but it could only help.

If anyone has any doubts on how to do it, here's my write-up
http://importnut.net/motormount.htm

-Alex

-'95 Civic GSR coupe
-'95 Nissan 240SX SE