Shortening cure time for 3M urethane?

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@email.arizona.edu
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:28:50 -0600

When I did my G20 mounts with the same stuff, I did that at first too and I
actually ended up peeling off the top cured layer, exposing the lower, still
uncured layer, allowing it to cure.  I then filled it in the rest of the way
with a few thin layers.  A heat gun, or heat lamp helps the stuff cure quite
a bit faster too (not sure about the oven, but I'm guessing it'd help the
same).  I think when the goop is too thick it does not cure at all.
Otherwise it would cure in the tube, or at least that's my guess.  I'm
thinking getting this done by tomorrow morning might be kind of pushing it,
for a fully cured mount.  It took a while for mine to dry if I made the
layers too thick.  I usually tried to make each layer around 1cm thick.
Hope this helps.

Justin McClanahan
95 G20