Break-in question...

Sylvain Laplante sylvain_laplante@yahoo.ca
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:56:58 -0600

Hi all,

   I am fairly new to this list ( 3 weeks ), and after my question about
removing air conditionning ( for which I got no answer ), I have another one. I
will get my new 2002 SE-R next Friday and would like to know what is the best
break-in procedure for these engines ( 2.5 165 hp ). I understand that the way
Nissan micropolish the internals there is not much for break-in, and the
salesman says break-in is only 1700km ( about 1000 miles ). Anyway, I have 2
questions,  should I be easy on acceleration or push it hard once in a while so
the rings will seat properly? and second, should I change gears relatively
slowly to "seat" the synchros or should I shift rather quick so the synchros
will get used to my way of shifting?

   I am asking that because I realized that there is a lot of expertise here
:o)

Thanks in advance,

Sylvain Laplante
currently 95 SE-R owner... until Friday