Turbo Neon

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:51:48 -0600

>I was just watching Motor Trend TV and caught the end of the program where
>they did a little blurb about the new Neon Turbo that's coming out. It has a
>205HP turbo 4cyl, 17's, and a high power sound system for under $20,000 -
>sounds very familiar *cough* SE-R *cough*. Now that is the kind of engine
>the Spec V deserves, but made by Nissan of course. The Neon is going to be
>one fast car!  The body kit looks great too. It has a Viper like scoop on
>the hood, duel exhaust and  Viper like seats.  I'm not so crazy about the
>rear "rice style" wing though.

<<snip>>

>IMHO, I just wish Nissan would throw a factory turbo into the new SE-R so we
>could have turbo fun with a factory warrantee for under $20 grand.

>Stefan Bauroth
>'92 SE-R

It highlights one simple point:
The SE-R Spec V is a fine car.
However: Nissan bottelnecked it a bit.
We have 2 possible solutions, either in forced induction or through various
intake, cam and exhaust parts.
Personally I would like to do forced induction, as it is usually more
effective, and involves less concerns of voiding emissions regs, and using
horribly loud exhaust.
Course a turbo or blower DOES cost more usually..
We seem to be stuck waiting..
As apparently there are only about 9,000 SPEV V's, it is possible we may be
waiting a while..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!