SR20VE

Mena Aqenenni mena.ka@verizon.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:58:49 -0600

> I don't see any way you could pass the California smog test
> with 11:1 compression ratio and no EGR.

So basically, a VE engine wouldn't be a good choice for a CA car unless
an EGR valve could be grafted onto the intake manifold. That sucks! I
wanted that engine too. Anyone out there know how to go about putting an
EGR valve on that intake manifold? I'm ignorant but this doesn't seem
like it would be hard to do. Cut a hole on the manifold and connect a DE
EGR valve on there. Fab a pipe to go from the exhaust manifold to the
EGR. Would it be this simple?

Mena
92 Classic
01 G20t