ECU dyno testing

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:53:43 -0600

Well see I know I could do it, or even my friend now with se-r, Calum since
hes an electrical eng. and has the ability.  Only problem I see is sourcing
parts.  Probaly would either have to not use but one stock connector and
just do a full splice into the harness.  because if id say its hard as hell
to get both a male and female connector for the ECU plug.  What could be
done tho is possibly get a bunch of junkyard specials on the harness end of
the connector if they would even sell it and not the whole harness.  If we
could find out where Nissan sources this connectors from, if they do at all
and not make them theirselves, we might be able to do it much much easily.

I would want just a hard block that is about an inch to 2 wide depening on
how much room is back there, to plug into the ecu then the harness into it.
Like a ps2 to serial converters for computer mice.  But seeing how that
would problay require fabracation of the block it might be easier to find a
male and female connecto.  Do the proper pin switching, then cover all those
wires in a big loom to clean up the install and have like 3 to 6 inches of
wire between them.  Plug your harness into that.  That would be easy as
pie...just gota find those connectors.  Any ideas, anyone?   Very small
niche' to try to sell to, but I think the low overhead cause all the
research is done, would make it somewhat profitable.  If you can source the
connectors.

LOL then give it a month before $tillen has one of their own :) enough time
to buy one and reverse engineer it.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)