ghetto clear corners

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:58:51 -0600

I just made ghetto clear corners for my b14 200sx se-r.  It was so easy I did
it while watching saturday night live, jack black is a crack up.  BUT NEWAY.
So it was really easy.  Just get a hair dryer and set it on super hot and start
heating the narrow end of the corner.  Eventualy everything will soften up.
What your really trying to do here is melt the glue that holds the lens to the
black backing.  This shouldnt take more then 5 minutes, but if your really
bored go a little longer.  Next you need a flat blade screw driver.  Just start
prying by one of the tabs on the small side then just keep prying from that tab
to the other one.  You dont need to get the whole thing out, just enough to
pull the little amber reflector out.  The first one I did just fell out.... the
second one was a pain and I had to heat it longer and tap it a bit.  I finaly
had to pry one edge of it down.  It scratched the chrome a bit, but were
talking ghetto here.  This is far from the crystal ones you see from nic knacks
or even the ones you can get for 20 bucks on nopi online from apc.  If you want
to try this im warning you, its really really easy to brake the lense, I broke
it in a few places, but you really cant tell.  It is also very easy to scar the
chrome, but like i said before ghetto.  I also happened to pick up a set of red
bulbs the other day for my corners.  They were cheep toucan bulbs, but they are
red and after a couple of days they broke in or something and look really
great.  Not different enough to get pulled over, still quite visible, and looks
really neato!!! he he he.  ok so I engage in a little rice from time to time.

-sean