ECU dyno testing

Eric Waterman sr20pwr@home.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:40:43 -0600

I dynoed my wife's '97 SE-R today with some ECU testing thrown in.  her car
has a '91 intake cam, HS 2nd gen header, JWT POP, and Stillen muffler.  I
tested my JWT ECU, her OE ECU, and a '95 G20 ECU.  I tested the JWT at 15
deg and 17 deg.  Both the Nissan and G20 ECUs were tested at 17 and 19 deg.
Her car only runs 93 octane gas.  Now for the results:

Run #8 is JWT, run #13 is Nissan, and run#17 is G20

http://www.sr20de.org/~eric/dyno_charts/OEvsG20_hp.jpg

http://www.sr20de.org/~eric/dyno_charts/OEvsG20_tq.jpg
that is OE @17 and G20 @ 19.  The OE didn't show any gain @ 19 so I left it
@ 17.

Here is the G20 vs the OE vs the JWT

http://www.sr20de.org/~eric/dyno_charts/OEvsG20vsJWT_hp.jpg
http://www.sr20de.org/~eric/dyno_charts/OEvsG20vsJWT_tq.jpg

I'm calling JWT Monday to find out what's wrong.  Her car is in excelent
condition.  It always gets the service it needs at teh correct time.  The
spark plugs were chaged @ 55,000, and the car has 62k now.

Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R