Control arm

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:40:26 -0600

Tom K wrote:

>First of all, relatively speaking I'm a complete newbie when it comes to
>car mechanics.  I went for an alignment at a local dealer's shop and they
>told me I need a new control arm for the right wheel...$350 canadian!
>Is that a necessary repair?  Plus, is it possible he's just trying to
>screw me?

You're kidding, right?  A Stealer trying to screw you?  Hehe.  Right after
I moved to Houston from Rochester, a dealer wanted to install a complete
exhaust from the manifold back for $2,600!  I laughed.

Did they say *why* they thought you needed a new control arm?

I suspect they are probably trying to take advantage of you, but it's
possible that's not true, so it would help to know why.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>