Gen. Info: measured exhaust noise levels

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:55:34 -0600

Were you doing this inside the garage or outside?  You have to remember that
if you were inside the garage, I'm pretty sure the sound is resonating off
the walls and is skewing the messurements from the noise metter.
Again, were the doors or windows open when you took the readings inside the
car?  Was it inside the garage?
I recall my NX was stock exhaust manifold, 2 1/4 inch crush bent piping and
a 2 1/4 inch Borla muffler and at WOT the car was not over 95 db as verified
the the sound techs at the local autocross.  They would not have allowed me
to run if my car was over 95 db.
Even with no muffler, my car was not that loud especially at idle.

Edwen

>From: "Steven Papatrefon" <thepep@worldnet.att.net>

It was between 110 - 120dB and that is at idle.