Wheel and Tires for Turbo and BABK

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:39:53 -0600

I need to buy new tires for my car and will use this as an opportunity to do
the wheels as well.  I have short-term plans for a turbo and a BABK.  I have
three questions.  1.  I realizing that our cars work best naturally
aspirated with 205/50/15 and a quality tire, is this still true of a
turbocharged car.  Or would there be a benefit to using a 215 or possibly a
225 if it will fit in either 16 or 17-inch sizes.  2.  Is it possibly better
to go with a slightly taller tire to prevent wheel spin on a street tires.
3.  If a 15-inch tire is best what options do I have other then the TE37 to
fit over the 11.5 inch BABK  (and where are they available)?  I really
prefer the idea of a 15 or a 16-inch tire for a less in your face look.

Steve
98 Sentra SE
GC coilover and camber plates, Konis and other stuff