My suspension mistake....comments?

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:09:24 -0600

In a message dated 1/17/2002 2:09:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
GCrowe@itd.state.id.us writes:

> Subj:My suspension mistake....comments?
> Date:1/17/2002 2:09:59 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:GCrowe@itd.state.id.us">GCrowe@itd.state.id.us</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:se-r@lists.deskmedia.com">se-r@lists.deskmedia.com</A>
> Sent from the Internet

> Well about a year and ahalf ago I just thought my B13 sentra was going to
> be
> a college car...and I wanted it low...

I may have made a similar mistake.......I just installed KYB G-2's with the
stock springs and ST front and rear Sway Bars. The car is now  1" higher or
more at the front and .5"or more at the back. Car sits up kinda high, not
real happy however it does look different compared to the low look. Noticed
the driver side shock boot pulled away from the seat exposing the shock
cylinder.(I think due to the height of the car now).(Stock is high enough). I
am planning to install ST Spring set later to bring it back down. I don't
know why I have a difference between front and back, hope the installer put
the right ones in the right place.(Don't know if you can mix them up).

Handling is much stiffer, you can feel those bumps in the road now,although
does hold up well going round the corners. Tends to understeer somewhat more
where it was more neutral before. Camber is set to stock -1 or as much as
pulling on the strut would allow. Using 195X55X14 Dunlop SP8000 31psiF 28psiR
 real good handling tire in my opinion.

In my case upon hard acceleration before the mod the front end would pull
from side to side. Now it is more linear and the whole car feels much more
responsive.Steering does feel light though at freeway speeds ,but in my case
you can drive hands free and keep going straight for a decent amount of
time(not that I do that,just making a point about steering accuracy.

Frank 96SE-R