SE-R smashed :-(

MGeoffriau mgeoffriau@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:37:05 -0600

Well folks,
    My days as an SE-R owner may be numbered. Two days ago I was following a
truck through the parking lot at my college. This guy went past an open
spot, so he screeches to a halt. I stop maybe a car length behind him. Next
thing I know, he's whipped it into reverse and is backing up into me. I
didn't have a chance to get it into reverse (was in 1st, with clutch in), so
I held down my horn praying he'd stop. Needless to say, he stopped when my
car impeded his progress. He swears he neither saw me (when he supposedly
looked back) nor heard me (because he supposedly had no music playing), but
nevertheless he managed to nicely crumple the front end of my car.
    It's amazing how much damage it did. I thinking that the insurance
company may end up totalling the car, as it's a '92 and can't be worth more
than about $2600-2800. I'm so sad to lose my SE-R; I only had it for 8 or 9
months.