subwoofer placement

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:41:07 -0600

>what i need it serves the purpose.  I was wondering where is the best place
>locate it for the best sound.  currently i have it in the area where the
>trunk

I have a 98 Sentra with the rear ST brace.  I mounted my amp to the driver
side rear seat.  I first mounted it on a piece of plastic and then mounted
that to the back of seat.  I was told not to mount the amp directly to metal
(can cause noise).  I then put the sub right against the ST and used clamps
from Lowes to fasten it to the brace.  I bought some flat bar aluminum and
made two braces to go from the top of the sub to the bottom of the shelf
under the window.  This braces kip the box from bouncing.  Try the sub
facing forward and back.  Mine is facing backward but that is mostly to keep
the speaker from hitting the ST brace.

Steve
98 Sentra SE