Spec V and Nissan bashing

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 01:36:20 -0600

Well for starters, I bought my Spec V from Morrey Nissan in Vancouver
Canada.  They had a BIG sign that says they have the lowest prices on ALL
new cars.  So I pick up my car and they wanted to charge an extra $1030 for
PDI which all the other dealers do not charge.  After 2 weeks of me
constantly phoning them I finally get my cheque after I threatened them
about going to the BBB and the media for their false advertisment.
Yesterday, I go to another dealer, Southside Nissan to pick up an oil filter
and to find out what type of tranny oil the 6 speed tranny used.  Go to the
parts counter and they hand me a filter for the SR20DE motor.  They said
that's the filter for the dual cam motor for the Spec V.  I'm like what????
The parts guy at Nissan thinks the Spec V had a 5 speed tranny with the 2 L
motor.  Anyways, he goes back to check and finds out he was wrong.
I go to service to find out what type of gear oil I needed and they are like
what is a Spec V?
Anyhoot.  This is totally screwy and does not help Nissan.  I recall someone
posting a while back about how the dealer ship sold him an SE 200 SX as the
top model and not acknowledging the SE-R.

The Spec V uses 75-90 GL4 gear oil.  So first oil change and tranny fluid
change is done.
My 80-100 watt Hella bulbs melted the left harness but not on the right
harness.  Oh well, my next project is an HID conversion.

One last thing, did anyone notice the bar that is bolted to the underside of
the car just under the rear seat area?  I wonder how much does this bar
help?  I know ITR's have similar bars in various places like the front
suspension and rear suspension.

Edwen