Rattling noise

Matt4Nissan@aol.com Matt4Nissan@aol.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:08:30 -0600

Well I just got the car back out of the shop from getting my clutch
arm replaced, and the guy forgot to fix my belts. Fortunately I
wasn't charged.  But I really have no idea what could be causing
it. I just replaced the belts. Ever since then there has been a bit
of squealing from time to time.  So I took it upon myself to attempt
to tighten them. Well I must have done something wrong because now my
car makes a weird rattling noise. I thought it was the timing chain
at first but I'm pretty convinced that it is in fact the belts. It's
almost a clatter. Anyone have any ideas? TIA

    Matt
    96 se-r