NOS Nitrous kit 05122 vs Zex

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:40:02 -0600

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 09:44, Probe Dude wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I don't think JWT monitors the clutch nor the neutral
> switch.  The rest of the stuff is easy to design and make, besides
> electronics is not only my hobby but my 9-5 job also.

I kind of think that the JWT kit does.  On my B15, the clutch disengages
the cruise control, which leads me to believe that the odds are pretty
high that the ECU knows if the clutch is engaged or disengaged.  I also
thought that Nissan ECUs expected to know what was going on with an
automatic transmission, at least if it's in gear or not.  Knowing what
you know about electronics will be a must if you go with the NOS or Zex
kit, but almost entirely unnecessary with the JWT system.

> For the price difference of $1000 (Zex and NOS is $500, JWT is $1500) I can
> build my circuits, pay my labor, and have cash left over.

Well, having done your research, I'm not going to argue with you.  I
will ask two final questions:  Can the Zex or NOS kit program eight
stages of nitrous and adjust your ignition timing on the fly?  Also, can
the Zex or NOS kit improve your every-day drivability? :)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |