Stock Wheels

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:18:59 -0600

On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 22:38, Qualudia101@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone know the exact weight of stock SE-R 14" wheels

Heavier than a 14" SSR Competetition, but lighter than anything made by
Niche?  Seriously, I was quite ready to prove that a little bit of
searching could answer this question.  Well, I've searched a little bit,
and not found a definitive answer.  Looks like some people think the
Classic 14" wheel is over 17lbs, which I find difficult to believe, but
I'm not going to argue with.  Couldn't hurt to ask your tire shop if
they had a shipping scale.

You could do this with a bathroom scale too, you know.  Put two wheels
with tires mounted on the scale, note the weight.  Take the tires off of
the same wheels, weigh again, divide by two.  Might be nice to calibrate
the bathroom scale with something of known weight, too, like a 70lb sand
bag or a few bags of sugar/flour. ;)

Seriously; if you want some new, light, cheap wheels, head for
http://www.machiii.net/ and check out their Rota stock; weights listed
next to size, most sets up to 17" sell for less than $500.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |