QR25DE tranny on an SR20??

Michael Jez 93SER at attbi.com
Sat Nov 13 10:42:13 CST 2004

Funny how ya all wanna keep the cable actuated clutch- where the cables keep
on snappn on ya, and ya need to be some kinda body builder to depress it
when you repleace the clutch with a super heavy duty pressure plate. I am
doing B15 tranny with LSD on my P10 and I'm going with the hydralic setup
cause its 10x more reliable and pedal pressure is much lighter with a
aftermarket clutch compared to a same setup with a linkage style setup. B15
SR tranny is bit stronger than the previous SR20 trannies. Installing the
tranny in a P10 will be a breeze, I've done a automatic to manual swap on a
00 Maxima, and put a 6spd tranny from a 3.5L Max in it. The Spec V 6spd is
the same tranny as the 3.5L Maxima 6spd tranny, and I don't see why anyone
would want that POS tranny in their Sentra, for one I'm big into Maximas
nowa days ( can't blame the 600WHP stock engine and trannied 4 doors ), and
the 6spd is the most unreliable manual tranny Nissan has probably ever made.
It grinds, whinnes, strips out gears etc..... the most desirable tranny is
the 00-01 5spd 3.0L tranny which is known to hold up to 500-600WHP, with
rare cases of blowing up. Its pretty similar to a SR tranny and it would
bolt up to the chassis, but the bell housing would need to be changed over
to a SR one. I think it would possibly bolt up. If it did... it would make
for a CHEAP alternative to buyn the PAR set for ya SR guys, but then it
would drive up the cost of the trannies for us Maxima guys.... and dat iz no
good.
Mike Jez
01 Max 5spd all bolt ons- 13.8 at 102MPH, 34MPG, 100+K miles.