Front wheel bearing replaced due to noise

Ivan Chou ichou@sdf.lonestar.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:44:44 -0500

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Jason Schymanski wrote:

> I am planning on replacing the front wheel bearings but am unsure wether
> to replace the hubs or not.

> Ivan, did you replace the hubs or not.

Jason, I did not have my hubs replaced.  If you are DIY then I would say
yes, since you are going to press new bearings in anyway.  I'm not sure if
Nissan sells the whole spindle assembled, if so, that would be nice and
simple.  If it's going on your 99 SE though, I doubt you would need new
hubs?  Get some second opinions, I just listen for noises and have no idea
what's going on in there. :)

Ivan - '93 SE-R 110k, '95 M3 107k
http://ichou.freeshell.org/se-r.html