extrude honing & swain coating - GT32

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Wed Oct 20 22:25:58 CDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:34:09 -0500, wolfcri wrote

>     I just bought my first turbo!

Welcome to the illness.

> Question is: Ray K said something about extrude honing and swain
> coating his disco when we were at the Japped out NY meet sunday.

Who me? :)

>  I'm wondering what this costs, who does it, and if i really need it
> on my turbo.

I forget the costs but they weren't super exepensive.  Extrude honing the
exhaust manifold and turbine housing will help the turbo spool up faster.
Swain coating both parts will keep underhood temps lower.  Swain is located
outside of Rochester, NY.  Extrude hone is in CA and PA.  The exhaust
manifold will go to PA and the Turbine housing will go to CA.

http://www.extrudehone.com/ and http://www.swaintech.com/

> using water injection to compensate for my compression.

Water injection is great.  I just filled my resevoir up with some nice
washer fluid with listed ingredients of Water, Methanol and coloring.  :)

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski