5th gear pop-out refresher.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Mon Oct 18 16:46:54 CDT 2004

I use poly mounts, and what needs fixing is really
determined by what exactly is broken.  5th gear
popout can manifest itself in quite a number of
ways in our transaxles.

Allegedly, by 1994, the 5th gear popout counter-
measure parts were used in the assembly of the
transaxle.

Are your motor mounts stock?  If so, I highly
recommend going the 'screw the NVH' route
and installing polyurethane replacements.  ES
used to be the only ones, now ES, Prothane,
JWT, and Place racing all offer solid mounts
in a variety of options, with appropriate cost
differentials.

As far as the transaxle is concerned, there is a
complete writeup on the SE-R List site, which
I found linked from SE-R.net:

http://www.se-r-list.org/fifth.gear.phtml

You may or may not need all of the parts listed,
the best way (if you have the expertise) is to look
and check.  Once again, I reiterate that it's not
common to have the problem with '94 and above
RS5F32V's.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>