sumitomo tires

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:44:20 -0500

Dan Hugh-Jones wrote:

>I was thinking of putting a set of the very cheap Sumitomo HTR200 tires on
>my Classic. I can get them for $180 installed in 195 60 14. They look to
>have a decent combination of long life, quietness and reasonable
>stickiness (I just need them for street driving). Has anyone got any real
>world experience of them?

Not with those specific tires, but I've had Scummitomo HTRZ-II on my G20
and Scummitomo HTRZ on my 328i.  Both sets sucked.

I'm a big fan of Yokohamas.  I used A306 (I think that was the tire) on my
G20 before going to 17s and they were a good tire.

Unlike most people, I think the Dunlop D60A2 tires suck as well.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com