IS THIS A SIN ??

Jack Ray rjrjack@knology.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:06:12 -0600

Now that I have your attention  ...  :^)

I have always thought my otherwise manly 94 SE-R had a tinny sounding little
horn.  I went to a junkyard and got a horn from a Chevy Blazer (5 bucks) and
installed it instead of the stock one.  In my defense -- it was the only
junkyard open on Saturday (weird), and was mostly domestic iron.  And I also
pulled one off a 260Z, but it didn't work.  Anyway, the Blazer horn sounded
some better, but not enough (looking for that BMW 740i sound (smile) )

I added the stock one back, and the sound resulting from both horns is --
well,  NOT BMW-ya-wish, not at all classy sounding, but it's pretty loud and a
little irritating, which is a big improvement over the former fart sound it
used to be with just one horn.  I just know there's a better solution out
there tho...

So -- has anyone else installed a different horn(s) on a classic ?  What kind,
and how much of a pain was it ?  I'm not ready to do air horns, looking for a
relatively cheap solution..

Jack (really wishing he had a rear STB) Ray
94 SE-R