What causes CV joints to go bad?

Benjamin Moses bmoses@purdue.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:54:03 -0600

I have the same setup and I have not had a problem with the inner CV
joints, or any CV joints for that matter.  I've had the hyperco/AGX
setup for almost a year and from my rather novice point of view they've
been great.  I did have to replace an outer CV boot because Ben Davis
messed it up while helping me work on my car (but I ain't mad at him!!)
But that was not due to the suspension setup.  I do have the JWT motor
mounts.  It would make sense to me that failing motor mounts could
contribute to wear on the CV's.

My $.02
Ben

<<I have had my CV joints replaced twice within a 6 month period.  It
was done
by a pretty reputable shop. They gave me lifetime warranty on both.  So
my
question is what is the cause of my inner cv joint going bad? The guy
said it
was bad motor mounts, then he preceded to rock my car by popping the
clutch
about 60 times. Then he said I lowered it wrong.  I have the hypercoil
springs and KYB AGX.  Could it be my motor mounts are bad. If so how do
can>>