need a new PP

Kurt L. Sussman kls@merlot.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:18:05 -0600

Raymond A. Kawski (sr20de@epix.net) typed this ...
> Brent Barts wrote:
> > would se-riously consider the ACT one.  It is rated a 43%(heavy duty one)
> > more clamping force (92% on the extreme one)than stock.

> Most of the ACT's seem to have a high shock engagement.  The JWT
> Metal one side does not.  And pedal effort is much like stock.
> Not the brick you have to push with the ACT's.

OK, I realize now that I forgot to describe the kind of use the car
sees.

I get to the track a couple times per year (and hope to do it a lot more
this year!), and drive the car on the street about twice per week. No
drag racing, and not too much stop and go traffic (not yet, anyway!).
I'd like something I can heel/toe pretty easily on the track. No drag
racing, except for the occasional stoplight run.

I haven't heard anything about the Clutchnet stuff, except Ryan's
comment (in the archives) that it's as smooth as stock but holds in his
400hp monster. Any more Clutchnet users?

The JWT sounds fine, especially since I'm not going to be drag racing,
but I want to be sure I check out all the options.

--Kurt
--

    Merlot Research Group, Inc               http://www.merlot.com
    kls@merlot.com         GPG key 82505A74       Jabber: MerlotQA